Users should apply the following safety measures when installing and regularly maintaining the batteries:
- SóAlways use the same battery type, coming from the same supplier.
- Never re-use old batteries together with new battheries
- Never use together batteries with different capacities
- The number of batteries should always be the one required by the UPS
- Do not connect the batteries in the opposite way
- Keep the batteries away from fire, as they may detonate.
- The batteries are in risk of electric shock and short-circuit.
- When starting a UPS for the first time, charge the equipment for at least 6 to 8 hours, to assure the batteries are fully charged prior to functioning.
- Check the condition of the batteries when receiving them from the supplier in order to identify any expansion or collision damage
- Batteries should be stored in a fresh and dry environment.
- Avoid installing the batteries near to the heat point in the server room
- Make sure to adjuts the screws when connecting the batteries.
- The recommended temperature for the batteries optimal functioning is between 19º to 22º
- Mantain regularly
Batteries are due to fail soon if a good mantainance service and backup management system is not provided.